Create a new independent digital media for the Russian-speaking audience of different political views and social status. Echo doesn’t have FM-channel in Russia now because of restrictions, so we need to build website and mobile apps. The website can be blocked quickly, so it’s very important to build a mobile apps to listen to the broadcasts. Donations is the main way of monetization.
- I reconed Echo needed a simple and minimalistic interface, because Echo have a very different audience and content can be various.
- I thought Echo needed large readable typography, because part of their audience is aged.
- Echo is loved for their broadcasts and expert opinions, so I decided that the broadcast player should always be in sight.
- I wanted to use the space on the desktop more wisely, so I decided to make 3 columns that can change their width depending on the size of the screen.
- I wanted to simplify development, so I decided to make the same styles for news snippets in desktop and mobile versions of the website.
- I decided to make a player with a running line to add dynamic to the interface.
- Echo have a very simple mobile app with broadcast player only, so I decided to add broadcast list with ability to add push notification.
- I figured out how to get a font license and saved lots of money for the project.
- I recommended a brand designer, who created the style identity of Echo.
Results from the first 2 weeks after launch
- More than 600,000 website visits in the first 2 weeks after launch (while the website was immediately blocked in Russia).
- 1st place in the News category in the App Store and Google Play.
- More than 75,000 users have downloaded and are using the App.
Head of project: Maxim Kournikov Product manager: Tonia Samsonova Producer: Haya Goldfinger Brand designer: Anton Prokopev